Welcome to my Blog.

Here you will find my shameless marketing ploy to encourage more visits to my webstore, www.WhiteAugustTea.com. There might also be articles I've written, observations and other not nearly as important stuff.

Matt

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year

Another one behind us. I don't think anyone will miss 2010; It was a tough one. This economy can't last like this forever, so maybe 2011 will be the new beginning. I know I'll be working my own business to make it so. I've always been pretty ambivalent about New Year's. Since I don't drink, I don't party much, and since it will be around for a year, I don't need to stay up for fear of missing it. I did wake up for it this year however as our enlightened state legislators recently deemed it a good and necessary thing to legalize fireworks, which the populace has embraced. I was therefore awakened at about 11:45 to the sound of fireworks (or perhaps gunshots). Apparently the New Year arrives at a different time depending on which block you live in here, as it started at 11:45 or so and lasted until 12:30. Oh well, I certainly don't begrudge the revelers. I used to have that kind of energy, but as I recently heard on a Thomas F. Wilson (comedian and actor from Back to the Future) song, "I'm over 40, and I don't care."

Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment